The Communications Department at Waconia Public Schools is committed to keeping residents informed about how our students are exploring their passions and creating their success each and every day. There are a number of ways for our residents, parents, volunteers, students and staff to stay engaged. We concentrate on sharing stories in hopes of providing some insights into all of the great learning and growth happening in our schools.
Communication Department responsibilities include:
- Website management
- Social media management
- CommuniCAT community newsletter
- Superintendent communications
- Internal communications
- Media relations
- Brand management and reputation
- Crisis communications and emergency preparedness
- Enrollment marketing
- District publications (brochures, flyers, postcards, fact sheets, etc.)
- Weather related school closings
- School Board meeting video recording producer
- District 110 Foundation liaison
The Wildcat CommuniCATor is a monthly e-newsletter sent to all district families. The publication will include messages from Superintendent Gersich as well as news and information from around the district.
Wildcat CommuniCATor Archive
The CommuniCAT is our printed newsletter from the district office that is sent to every household in our school district on a quarterly basis. If you are interested in reading previous issues just click on the files below.
Website Names ISD 110 "Top 20" District in the State (Waconia Patriot)
Waconia Students Earn National Merit Scholar Honors (Waconia Patriot)